Hi!
I have done an undergraduate research on Protein Structure Prediction of gp120 of HIV-1 using HMM. I used HTK and Matlab for that purpose. The sequences were gained from Uniprot. I got an accuracy of 93%.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog discusses the bioinformatics research activities and related issues. Though this has been named "Sri Lanka", anyone around the globe that has interest on bioinformatics is invited to comment
3 comments:
Hi Sutharzan,
Is gp120 refers to the protein cap of HIV-1?
In ur research, are you predicting the changes in this protein cap caused by mutations?
If So, in your research, are you predicting the changes occurring to cap as a whole or its individual proteins?
I guess protein cap is made out of protein complex.
Congratulations on achieving 93% prediction accuracy.
Asela.
Hi..
I am an undergraduate in Information Technology(4 year degree).Studying at SLIIT in srilanka.
I want to study BioInformatics for my masters.
Where can i study???
Can i study it in srilanka???
How to apply???
The Cost???
I dont have a
bio background.I did Maths for my A/L.
Please help !!!!!
Hi Asela,
Thanks!
Its about predicting the V1 region of gp120. gp120 is the compound cap protein gp160.
Hi snipe!
Sorry for the late reply.
I'm glad to hear that you are interested in bioinformatics. Not knowing much biology will not be an issue as you can learn biology easily.
Dr. Koliya Pulashinghe in SLIIT would be right person to guide you regarding Bioinformatics Masters in Sri Lanka.
Wish you all the very best!
Post a Comment